The great thing about SEO is: core concepts continue to remain. We had the spam phase many moons ago and now we’re at a time where we are rewarded for great links, sublime content and a seamless user experience.
For SEO in 2017, it’s the same again. At least, for now…
Google recently announced the importance of links for ranking:
1. Authority content (bigger, better and bolder than anybody else’s material)
2. SERP CTR (ensure you get clicked and maintain the user’s interest, avoiding a bounce)
3. Distribution, mentions and shares of content across multiple platforms (not spamming people)
4. Authority backlinks (that actually gain clicks)
5. Voice search strings (conversational content)
6. Consideration of RankBrain and Big Data; deep learning of search query context and user behaviours are key (time to get clever – Google is!)
7. Schema implementation (it’s not going anywhere – help Google truly understand your content)
8. Exceptional user experience and a rapid website (make your site metrics are awesome)
9. As we are seeing the invasion of more paid results, apply AdWords in harmony as well as social media ads across Facebook and Twitter for best cost / exposure ratios.
10. Above all – don’t rely on Google. Build a web of connections, concentrate on your mailing list and conversions. Things can change quickly but no matter what happens, these properties can never be taken away from you!
Sam Hurley is a lateral-thinking digital marketer holding 6+ years’ self-expedited experience in both agency and client-side settings before launching his own digital consultancy venture: OPTIM-EYEZ.
He has achieved success for both agency and client-side businesses from SME, national to international blue-chip organisations while being ranked as the World’s #1 digital influencer by Webinale and #2 most influential digital marketer by Onalytica.
Catch him on Twitter for heaps of helpful tweets on entrepreneurship and marketing!
This post has been seen 6182 times.